Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Interior primed






























This weekend a few days of good weather gave me an opportunity to get the interior of the boat primed. I trailered the boat to my brother's house on Sunday where we hooked up his compressor. We sprayed on two coats of the water based epoxy primer. I left the boat there until Tuesday to allow it to thoroughly dry before bringing it home. I also allowed it to sit today to give the epoxy more time to cure as the temperatures have been cool this week. Tomorrow I start sanding the primer, this will be (hopefully) the last major sanding job on the hull before it is launched. The photos give an idea of the boats final appearance as the primer color is very similar to the color of the finish coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment