Sunday, October 4, 2009

Since my last update not much has happened. I had the inside of the boat ready to prime but a heavy love-bug hatch postponed painting. A rainy September also slowed work down. A few weeks ago I flipped the over again to begin fairing the bottom for paint. Today I completely covered the hull with a coat of fairing putty (as seen above) and started the sanding process. Before I spread the putty over the hull I filled the fiberglass weave over the keel and bilge runners with a mixture of cabosil and West fillet blend. This makes a tougher (and tougher to sand) covering for the parts of the bottom likely to take the most abuse.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Hi again Bob - good to see your progress... you've motivated me to put my own build into blog form - you can see my boat at

  3. Hi Jeremy,
    Did not notice your comments until tonight, I just looked at your blog, the boat is looking good. I see we started at almost the same time, maybe we'll launch together also.