Sunday, July 12, 2009






























Since my last update I spent a week in the Florida Panhandle tarpon fishing. When I returned I began working on the boat again. On Monday I removed the rubrails and clear coated them with epoxy. On Tueday I completed the fillets on the frames. Wednesday and Thursday were spent sanding the roughspots on the fillets and Thursday night I fiberglassed the frames to the hull with two layers of fiberglass tape. O n Friday and Saturday I cut the wood for cleats to glue the seat tops to and also cut and fit the floors to the hull bottom. These floors will be supports for the floorboards. The cleats and and floors were epoxy coated on Saturday night. This morning I sanded the tops of the frames, the bottom of the hull where the floors were installed and vacuumed the dust out of the boat. Shortly after I finished vacuuming my brother arrived to assist. We were albe to get most of the floors, all of the cleats and the port rubrail glued. We had time to do the second rubrail and the rest of the floors but I ran out of C-clamps and weights. Tomorrow I will remove all of the clamps and glue the remaining floors. On Wednesday evening my brother will help me with the other rubrail.

No comments:

Post a Comment